[ Up ] [ Louisiana Mystery Bibliography ] [ A Louisiana True Crime Bibliography ] [ Louisiana Films ] [ Louisiana Culture Bibliography ] [ A Huey Long Page ] [ LSU Law Library-- Mystery Websites ] [ LSU Law Library --Pelican Pages ]
Selected Bibliography on Louisiana Culture
- Arthur, Stanley Clisby, Old New Orleans, a history of the Vieux carre, its ancient and
historical buildings (Harmanson, 1966).
- East, Charles, A walking tour of historic Baton Rouge (Committee for the Preservation of
the Port Hudson Battlefield, 1963).
- Gilbert, Janice Dee, Louisiana plantation architecture (Vance Bibliographies, 1980).
- Gleason, David K., Baton Rouge : photographs and text (LSU Press, 1991).
Gleason's beautiful photographs highlight the historic buildings and lush landscape
of Louisiana's capital city.
- Gleason, David K., Over New Orleans : aerial photographs (LSU Press, 1985).
- Gould, Philip, Louisiana's capitols : the power and the beauty (Galerie Press, 1995).
Text by Lawrence N. Powell.
- Louisiana. Dept. of Commerce and Industry, Louisiana plantation homes (The Department?
- McNabb, Donald and Lee Madere, A History of
- The Pelican guide to plantation homes of Louisiana (Pelican Press, 1971). Numerous
reprints and updates.
- Sanders, Isabel and Cindy Schoenberger, The historic Garden District : an illustrated
guide and walking tour (Voulez-Vous Press, 1988)
- Seebold, Herman Boehm de Bachelle, Old Louisiana plantation homes and family trees
(Pelican Press, 1971).
- Sternberg, Mary Ann, Along the River Road: Past and Present on Louisiana's Historic
Byway (LSU Press, 1996)
This paperback serves as both guidebook and historical introduction to the
magnificent plantations found along Louisiana's River Road, the highway that parallels the
- Turnbull, Martha Barrow, The sixty year garden diary of Martha Turnbull, mistress of
Rosedown Plantation, 1836 to 1896 : the legendary gardens of Rosedown as viewed through
the words of their creator (Rosedown Plantation and Historic Gardens, 1996).
Rosedown Plantation's acres of roses and camellias are just one of the attractions
of this classic home. The house features French and Italian antiques. Outbuildings of note
include a doctor's office.
- Vals-Denuziere, Jacqueline P., The homes of the planters (Claitors Publishing, 1984).
Return to Buried on the Bayou: The Louisiana Mystery
and Detective Page
LSU Law Library Home Page